The Guardus G3 V9 (commonly referred to as a “wand” by users) is an advanced tour system reader and data collection tool.
The job of the Guardus G3 V9 is to collect data from tour checkpoints using iButton technology.
The basic concept behind a tour system is to strategically position checkpoints along a tour route, the guard or staff member performing the tour then places the Guardus G3 V9 on the checkpoint recording that it has been passed by, the information recorded is then downloaded to the tour system software were reports and information collected are available.
What is the difference between the Guardus G3 and Guardus G3 V9?
The Guardus G3 V9 has 2 major upgrades to the Guardus G3, battery and impact sensor.
The impact sensor on the Guardus G3 V9 picks up each strong impact detected and provides this information in your reports, meaning you can detect attempts at vandalism of the reader and address it with the guard or staff member registered to it.
The Guardus G3 V9 uses a standard C size battery, we recommend alkaline, this means the battery can last longer and is even more tamper resistant with no added cables that can potentially be interfered with.
The Guardus G3 V9L uses a long life lithium battery sealed within a tamper resistant chamber.
The easiest and only intelligent reader on the market
To use the Guardus G3 V9 simply touch the head against any iButton, the task of attending to a checkpoint is now completed.
When the tour is due to start, the Guardus G3 V9 can tell you; if an error was made in the tour, the Guardus G3 V9 will notify you; if a supervisor needs to verify the last tour was completed successfully, the Guardus G3 V9 will tell you; if the battery is getting low, the Guardus G3 V9 will tell you – simply intelligent!
The Guardus G3 V9 is more than a reader, you can do a lot more including:
- With the impact sensor, any attempts at vandalism are registered and displayed via reports when the data is downloaded
- Alert with sound, light or both as to when a tour is due to start
- Alerts to indicate there has been an error in the tour
- Create tour routes the guard or staff member is to follow, you can also require variations of the tour route for security purposes – the Guardus G3 V9 can notify this to the guard or staff member
- Require the guard or staff member to read an identification button before starting the tour to verify which staff member has perform it
- Have up to 256 events defined when used in conjunction with the Contronics Event Wallet
- Battery indicator notifies when the battery gets low, it will also display the battery status in the software when data is imported
- The battery sensor in the Guardus G3 V9 notes any time the battery is removed and placed back, so you know when staff try to avoid their tours
- The Guardus G3 V9L has a sealed and tamper resistant long life battery so you can use them in high security environments such as prisons
The Guardus G3 V9 is tough, REALLY tough because:
- The body is made out of Aerospace Aluminum (Duralumin T6), not plastic or weaker metals
- The head is made out of #316 stainless steel designed to be non-corrosive in the most severe environments as well as extra strong, not #304 that is not deemed to be suitable for industrial or severe environments
- Has a specially developed resin to protect the internal workings of the wand from impact, shock, water, moisture, chemical exposure and more
- With no buttons or screens the strength of the Guardus G3 V9 is not compromised and vandalism is no longer an option
- Can handle approximately 95% humidity without condensation
- Withstands temperatures of 0ºC/32ºF to 70ºC/158ºF
- Each unit is quality checked and tested to ensure you get the best available
- For your piece of mind you get a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Typical applications of the G3 V9 include:
- Security companies that offer qualified, accountable services to their clients. The Guardus G3 V9 allows them to deliver detailed and accurate activity reports while allowing for accountability of each individual guard within the organization
- Alarm monitoring companies use the Guardus G3 V9 to demonstrate and record the efficiency in responding to alarms going off
- Governments have a variety of usages in public buildings, with Police officers and verification of public transportation time tables
- Hotels and other accommodation businesses to provide automated notifications to reception of room status such as clean, dirty, maintenance required, deep clean required, etc.
- Universities, factories, hospitals, parks, zoos and other large areas that demand efficient and accountable records for verification purposes
What flavor do you need?
If you’re new to tour systems or you need to deploy a new site the Guardus G3 V9 kit is the best way to go – easy.
If you only need the Guardus G3 V9 the unit can be purchased individually.
What works with the Guardus G3 V9?
Software: PROGuard reporting system (included) and Guard On-Line (GOL) real time monitoring, reporting and alerts system
Mobile data collectors: Collector USB and Collector GPRS
Remote data collectors: Remote-i NET, Remote-i Modem (only compatible with PROGuard) and Remote-i ISP
Local download docking stations: Download USB and Download iRF
(the Download iRF is designed for use with the Guardus G7 with infrared technology, it is compatible with all Guardus wands that use iButton technology also)
Local communication cables: Serial communication cable and USB communication cable
Batteries: Any standard C size battery available in your local store, we recommend alkaline for the best results, if your battery gets low there is no need to have to remember to recharge the Guardus G3 V9, simply put in a new battery – less down-time and no forgetting!
Ready to deploy the Guardus G3 V9 or need more information? Contact us or one of our qualified local distributors today through our contact page
Body composed of duralumin T6 with surface treatment. Front head in stainless steel #316, or steel 1213 with chemical nickeling. Synthetic rubber cover.
140mm x 42mm (5.5″ x 1.6″).
32 Kb non-volatile.
From 2,500 to 4,500 readings, according to the equipment programming.
De -20 ºC até 75 ºC.
Above 95% if there is no condensation
Type 1,5V Alkaline. recommended, in particular Panasonic 6LR61/1B
Transfer rate of 115.200 bps, a complete memory takes around 15 seconds to be transferred.
Minimum of 10 years, if not submitted to abuse.
Audible signals and by way of LEDs.
Identification Technology: Button
Power Input: 1x Battery 1,5V size C
Average Battery Life: 1 year
Tip: Stainless Steel
Body: Duralumínio de Aviação T8 com anodização a frio
Impact Sensor: Yes
Panic Button: No
Battery Detection: Yes
Reader Model: Guardus